Companies have a one year period to become fully compliant.
A FEW KEY POINTS:
- This Act will affect all business sectors, such as telecommunications, healthcare, banking and credit reporting
- Both civil and criminal penalties can be imposed on the data controller for violation of the provisions of the Draft Act.
- Personal Data Controller shall be entitled to collect, use or disclose personal data with the consent of Personal Data Owner
- Any consent shall be made in written or electronically
- Personal Data Owner shall be entitled to withdraw the consent at any time.
THE PDPA PENALTIES & FINES
Up to 5,000,000 THB and imprisonment up to 1 year.
A FREE AUDIT CONSULTATION
by ADD is offered to help you understand the meanings and consequences of such laws, and how to implement compliance processes in your company.